Friday, November 30, 2007

Thursday Night Solos

We think it's very important for our kids to get one-on-one attention so we have something I guess you could call "Thursday Night Solos" or a date night with one of the kids each Thursday. Last night I had Jack and T.J. had Tripp and next week we'll flip, and so on. We thought it was a good idea to have this, both for the kids and for us. Each child loves the attention he gets and we both enjoy being able to focus on one child. I must say, after looking after both kids all day, it's nice to get to give one child 100% of my attention for a little while.

Anyway, last night Jack and I went to dinner at Jasons Deli (Tripp & T.J.- Tripp's choice Chick-Fil-A). Then off to the cookie store (Jack's fave is chocolate chip- definitely my son) and the toy store next door, where Jack loves to play with the trains and toys (they have several tables for the kids to play with while parents shop).


On our way home we drove through a neighborhood about a block away from ours which they call "Christmas Place" around Christmas time. The ENTIRE neighborhood, every single house, decorates their house to a tee with lights and various lighted decorations outside and the kids love it. Jack's not outside much at night when it's dark and I think between riding in the car and walking around the outdoor mall, I think I heard him say "light" 100 times. He loved it. Anyway, I think everyone had fun last night and I'm thinking of taking Tripp to a movie next week- should be fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a good idea! Your boys are so precious!

Anonymous said...

I think that is an awesome idea! Those kids are going to grow up and be such great people. You are a great mom!
grace