Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Upon Returning to the heartland...

Our house is decorated and the kids love it...(a pic from tonight- for those of you that dont live here- yes, several inches of snow)...



We spent some time with a couple friends...


(Yes, Tripp and his friends are VERY MUCH into dressing up- this doesn't really classify as dressing up but you should see some of the outfits...all the time)


Gotta watch the Grinch at least 10 times a day...



We've been getting ready for Santa. Tripp even dressed up (surprise surprise) and built his own sleigh.



Jack's loving the Santa hat too...Charlotte...not so much.



The kids love all the Christmas stuff and Tripp cannot stop talking about Santa...at the moment he is a Star Wars fan, and is only asking for an AT-AT Walker (which are no longer on the market- our luck- fortunately TJ...Santa...found one on Ebay from the 80's) and a Storm Trooper's costume (especially the helmet...thanks in advance Boi & Pop). Jack, of course, cares for nothing but his dinosaurs (if you live in KS you know this- the word DINOAUR rings in my ears day and night) and luckily he is starting to get into GeoTrax again. I think he's beginning to remember why he lost interest a few months ago- that none of the remote control trains work anymore because at the end of last summer he and Tripp decided to play with them in the sink water...and toilet water...and muddy rain water outside. So he carries around the remotes (and sleeps with the remotes, of course). Santa may consider bringing Jack another train or two but will be bringing him Kota the triceratops most definitely.

As for little Charlotte...not sure what the booger wants. I think she'd just be content with something as simple as a straw. She has changed so much. First of all, I'm almost positive one of her tear ducts has unclogged within the past day or two- but the bad one is still clogged. No, she can't have clogged tear ducts that just look like clear tears are running down her face...she has to have the clogged tear ducts that make her eyes appear as if she's got constant conjunctivitis. I feel bad because I feel like I'm constantly wiping her eyes. Tripp and Jack both had clogged ducts but never this bad and they were clear waaay before 9 months. I'm hoping the left eye will clear very soon otherwise after her eye dr appt in February she will have to get it probed, which I really don't want!
She has been crawling for a few weeks now...including the army crawl that appears as if she's trying to duck for cover. If there is even a crumb or teeny tiny lego across the room, hidden in a corner, she will find it, she will charge it (she moves fast), and attempt to eat it. This is new to me because neither boy was like this. She is busier than both boys at her age put together.


She is also growing more hair...and she still looks like she just stuck her finger in an electrical socket. Almost all her hair sticks straight up... and I love it. I enjoy everyday because I know one day she will wake up and her hair will look normal :(




In addition to crawling she has also mastered the art of going from crawling or laying to sitting. She's also pulling onto her knees on her own and almost to standing sometimes. So last night we lowered the crib :( Just so happened yesterday was also her last day in Swaddlers- she has officially gone to Cruisers :( She's a big baby now all of a sudden! I had to take a picture of her two nights ago in the crib as a "little" baby.



And then today...with hair brushed down...as a big girl...


I just want to eat her up she's so sweet!
T.J. and I have been so so so blessed with all 3 of our kids.

1 comment:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

yeah i got to see pictures. your kids are SO sweet. i hope i get to see you soon.